00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

809118566 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Robot Day & Reddit Blackout

17,022 Views | 51 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Friday, July 10th is Robot Day on NG and we'll be celebrating with movies, games, art and music themed around ROBOTS! Everyone is invited to make something and participate!

For past reference check out 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010.

We are expecting some AMAZING robot art in particular this year.

There is another indie game art contest coming but I want to wait until after Robot Day so the two don't clash.

Thank you everyone who came out to Too Many Games last weekend! We had a packed panel where myself, @RicePirate, @deathink and @Oney answered questions from lots of long-time NG fans.

If you're on the panel to select the Best of June you should have gotten a PM from @P-Bot; be sure to participate!

And how about this Reddit drama? We've made the NG subreddit private in solidarity.

Hope everyone enjoys the July 4th weekend! I caught some bug at the convention last weekend so I probably won't.

Why not catch up on your summer reading?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 11:16:41

At 7/3/15 11:11 AM, TomFulp wrote: Drama

Those dang terrorists, stealing our freedom!

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 11:29:22

This is why you don't give mods control over sub forums. We'd of blacked out the art forum when Luis left.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 11:36:36

At 7/3/15 11:29 AM, Malachy wrote: This is why you don't give mods control over sub forums. We'd of blacked out the art forum when Luis left.

Would be interesting to see Reddit re-open the subreddits and be like, "Sorry you can't do that anymore."

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 11:48:56

At 7/3/15 11:11 AM, TomFulp wrote: Why not catch up on your summer reading?

Whooo! Thanks for advertising this, Tom!

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 11:49:03

At 7/3/15 11:29 AM, Malachy wrote: This is why you don't give mods control over sub forums. We'd of blacked out the art forum when Luis left.

This is why admins should communicate with their moderators. Unpaid community managers who take a lot of shitting from the users for work they (I repeat) don't get paid for.

Not all websites get regular news updates from the founder and CEO personally, ya know. I wonder when the Facebook mods last heard something from Mr. Zuckerberg.

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 12:02:26

The real question is who actually uses the NG sub Reddit? Who cares Reddit is shit anyways fix the posting interface to something like a forum.

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 12:15:58

Whoo! I'll definitely make something for Robot Day :D
In fact, I'm working on an awesome track with a robot theme :3

Have fun, everyone XD

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 13:05:00

There are more links in that Reddit post than Hyrule Warriors.

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 13:36:29

At 7/3/15 11:29 AM, Malachy wrote: We'd of blacked out the art forum when Luis left.

woah racist

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 13:37:11

TBH I don't really care about Reddit. I could never get into that site because of their unintuitive layout. I don't even know what "AMA" is. Lol.

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 14:07:43

At 7/3/15 01:51 PM, dem0lecule wrote: TPP related on Reddit.

@TomFulp, are you gonna censor NG if we talk about TPP or CISA? My account got banned from /r/news for asking dem mods. I hate reddit every fucking second.

I wouldn't expect anyone to get banned for discussing TPP and CISA but people can always find a way!

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 14:18:49

At 7/3/15 01:05 PM, test-object wrote: There are more links in that Reddit post than Hyrule Warriors.

Why am I laughing.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 14:44:57

Never understood Reddit much. Then again I guess its design turned me off. Guess I can blame Newgrounds forum for spoiling me.

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 14:49:12

At least here the admins feel like real people

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 15:20:35

I had two real bad experiences with reddit.

1. I was being told by mods that I should stop posting art to Newgrounds and use their sister site instead. At first they were telling me why it would be so much better for me if I did, I never replied, then it quickly became them bashing NG and finally (with out getting hostile) I said "it's my art, I choose what public forum to display it in and I am never going to upload to your site". The next day I was banned globally across the site. Even though I had a link karma of OVER 40k, and a comment karma over 15k. Also, I didn't break there BS 10% rule

2. I posted art in one of the sub reddits, and a mod banned me and told me he would unban me from the sub if I drew him his new icon. You are going to use a sub reddit to extort free art from people?!?! I didn't BTW.

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 15:35:21

I'd like to do some sort of robot-themed game, but my creativity seems to be at an all-time low.

Reddit? Isn't that the site where they post creepy photos of unsuspecting women?

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 17:28:39

At 7/3/15 01:37 PM, DJ-Ri wrote: TBH I don't really care about Reddit. I could never get into that site because of their unintuitive layout. I don't even know what "AMA" is. Lol.

Lol, are you me?

Just some dork who's loved NG since 2004, yet isn't very artistic himself. You should check out my massive favorites lists.

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 19:23:10

I've been cooking up something delicious for Mindchamber day, cannot wait to unleash it upon you all >:D

Robot Day & Reddit Blackout

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 20:51:27

Newgrounds will long outlive Reddit. Reddit's admins just don't care about the site. Ellen Pao, Reddit CEO, cares least of all. All she cares about is finding out who she can sue next for gender discrimination and how she can use such allegations to her advantage.

She actually ended salary negotiations at Reddit because, supposedly, women don't negotiate on their salaries as much as men do. The solution? End all salary negotiation for everyone. This is definitely a way to end discrimination and NOT a way to get away with paying highly qualified individuals less.

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 22:03:56

At 7/3/15 05:28 PM, M0nk3m4n wrote: Lol, are you me?

Probably not. If I was you, I wouldn't have drawn Pico holding a gun with his finger on the trigger.

Don't get me wrong, though. I like your drawing, but fingers on triggers are a big no-no for me.

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-03 22:08:45

At 7/3/15 02:07 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/3/15 01:51 PM, dem0lecule wrote: TPP related on Reddit.

@TomFulp, are you gonna censor NG if we talk about TPP or CISA? My account got banned from /r/news for asking dem mods. I hate reddit every fucking second.
I wouldn't expect anyone to get banned for discussing TPP and CISA but people can always find a way!

I'd imagine it'd be for trolling if anything. I occasionally see people like to use such topics to troll with.

derp

Ellen Pao is :(

srsly she fired a guy for having leukemia

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-04 00:09:20

At 7/3/15 01:05 PM, test-object wrote: There are more links in that Reddit post than Hyrule Warriors.

i snorted

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-04 02:33:09

At 7/3/15 10:03 PM, DJ-Ri wrote:
At 7/3/15 05:28 PM, M0nk3m4n wrote: Lol, are you me?
Probably not. If I was you, I wouldn't have drawn Pico holding a gun with his finger on the trigger.

Don't get me wrong, though. I like your drawing, but fingers on triggers are a big no-no for me.

I...don't have any art uploaded here.

Just some dork who's loved NG since 2004, yet isn't very artistic himself. You should check out my massive favorites lists.

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-04 07:24:40

reddit drama, el oh el, if they spent half the time they did whining making the site something other than an incomprehensible mess that'd be great

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-04 09:26:29

is the redditrevolt already over? i can't find a single subreddit that's still private. not that i have any idea of this site, but apart from some exceptions it seems the "revolt" is already over?

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-04 12:36:55

At 7/3/15 12:02 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: The real question is who actually uses the NG sub Reddit? Who cares Reddit is shit anyways fix the posting interface to something like a forum.

Lots of people use the subreddit to generate more traffic towards their content or ng page. People also go there who are interested in what people are making. People also post when big videos by creators like yotam post something so everyone can see them. Its just like r/art but for ng content only.

And I like their posting interface :'(

oh shit, waddup

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-04 12:49:57

At 7/3/15 01:36 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 7/3/15 11:29 AM, Malachy wrote: We'd of blacked out the art forum when Luis left.
woah racist

Better call Saul... because of your forum signature... heh...

I'll leave now, sorry

oh shit, waddup

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Reddit Blackout 2015-07-04 12:57:45

I feel so old trying to read all that reddit drama, and trying to figure out exactly what happened.. or how anyone could enjoy reading ANYTHING on that site with its horrible /b/ extensions and branching comment format..

I didnt have a computer till the late 2000s and completely missed out on all that ICQ chatroom crap..

reddit is a pretty horrible and un-intuitive site.. and it baffles me when people say NG is hard to navigate.