00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Darkest Dungeon Art Contest

30,562 Views | 60 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-03-12 18:46:16

Ok, I have been watching this contest for a while now and would just like to comment on the absolute stupidity of the outcome. I am not degrading anyone's work, but there is a complete disregard for all rules that a normal competition/contest should contain.

First of all, one of the people who won the contest posted his/her work later than the deadline was stated on the original post by the admin. This should not be happening in a competition of this genre, what if someone were to have spent an extra 3-4 days on their piece, but did not as they posted it before/on the day of the deadline? Well that is completely unfair and corrupt.

Secondly, this contest should NOT have included artwork BEFORE the contest was established, as they may have spent a much larger amount of time on their work than was included in the entire contest, again making the contest further corrupt and unfair for the poor people who worked their asses off to try and get their work in before the deadline.

Finally, I believe the contest should be re-evaluated for ONLY the people who entered their artwork within the contest times, otherwise what is the point of a deadline? You may think I am biased for writing this, and yes, you would be right about that assumption. I am not saying my friend's work should have won, but I just find that the nature of this contest is totally broken and unfair for the runners up who worked so hard to win this competition. If you are going to hold art contests, at least make them fair for the people who actually entered the competition! My friend worked extremely hard to win this competition, and to see him lose after all that hard work is really frustrating, considering he lost to work that 1. wasn't entered in the contest by a user, and 2. was entered after the deadline and should not even be included in the contest.

I won't state the name of my friend, because right now, I am speaking for all those who actually "played by the rules" of the contest, if it even HAS rules.