00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Darkest Dungeon Art Contest

30,558 Views | 60 Replies
Respond to this Topic

When you're toiling away at something in the shadows for a long time and the world forgets you exist, a piece of fan art can totally lift your spirits and keep you going. That's why I'd like to have some regular Fan Art contests to show support for all the busy creators out there!

The subject of this week's Fan Art contest is Darkest Dungeon, currently in Steam Early Access.

Create some fan art, tag it with "DarkestDungeon" and upload it by Friday, March 6th at 12 noon EST to enter!

The six best pieces will be awarded with Darkest Dungeon Steam keys. Already own it? Pass it along to a friend! Grand prize will also receive an art book which will be created when the game is done.

God have mercy on your soul if @deathink enters because this feels right up his alley.

If the results are promising, I'll plan to launch another contest next Friday with a new game and new Steam keys. In general we'll be trying to focus on Steam devs from the NG community when possible. Darkest Dungeon creator Keir Miron was on NG a lot as a kid and submitted a cartoon once... It got blammed. :(

Happy illustrating / painting / whatever you choose to do! ANSI? Awesome!

Don't forget Pico Day is April 25th and you can celebrate NG by making a movie, game, art, song or even podcast!

UPDATE: I totally forgot I'm going to Boston for PAX this weekend so I likely won't wrap up this art contest until early next week. Sorry for already breaking the schedule! If you're at PAX, be sure to come by the Behemoth booth and say hi! I'm also gonna be a surprise addition to the No Indie is an Island panel, Saturday at noon.

Darkest Dungeon Art Contest

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 15:51:48

Regular fan art contests? Count me in!

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 15:58:37

I love how you (and the community) come up with something fun and interesting all the time. It keeps the site going, and there's always something cool happening :3

I didn't understand a word to be honest.

Edit: Ok, I think I understood now!

I love the Edit-Button!

<3

MAN, WAIT FOR L.A.-SHARK!!! IT WILL BLOW YOU AWAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 16:07:13

what is pico day

BBS Signature

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 16:20:35

Count me in

At 2/27/15 04:02 PM, Wiesi wrote: I didn't understand a word to be honest.

Edit: Ok, I think I understood now!

I love the Edit-Button!

<3

MAN, WAIT FOR L.A.-SHARK!!! IT WILL BLOW YOU AWAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am serious! lol

I AM FUCKING SERIOUS!

I AM GOING TO CREATE THE SHARK GAME PEOPLES DREAMED OFF!!!

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 16:53:00

Will make one pretty soon.

Support me on my Patreon!

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 17:37:07

Tom, this is a great idea. I used to run fan art contests when I worked for an mmo and it really keeps the artistic community alive. I'd really love to see these continue... Especially since I'm backed up with work for the next couple of weeks and won't have much time for this one.

Also, one suggestion. Give deathink a separate prize. It's kind of sucky when first prize is taken before anyone even enters anything.

(>'-')>

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 17:43:07

At 2/27/15 05:37 PM, Zhon wrote: Also, one suggestion. Give deathink a separate prize. It's kind of sucky when first prize is taken before anyone even enters anything.

I hope I didn't scare anyone away when I made that comment... Let it stoke the competitive flames in all!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 17:46:13

Let's drink a cuba libre!

At 2/27/15 05:46 PM, Wiesi wrote: Let's drink a cuba libre!

Hey young man, let's drink a cuba libre! okay, cool!

Edit: Oh god, this is going to be scary.

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 19:06:24

I'm glad that there are now regular art contests, and if I had any artistic talent I would probably enter.

On a different note, I feel that audio producers (musicians and voice actors) are neglected. It'd be nice to have more audio contests. Just a thought that hit me when I read this post.

BBS Signature

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 19:18:25

So if the creator of this game has roots here on newgrounds, should the game not be on the newgrounds curator list? Maybe it was really long time ago since he was here though, if he even has an account left.

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 20:20:37

At 2/27/15 07:18 PM, yeahha wrote: So if the creator of this game has roots here on newgrounds, should the game not be on the newgrounds curator list? Maybe it was really long time ago since he was here though, if he even has an account left.

let's have a party anyways!

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 20:33:05

BBS Signature

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-27 20:54:33

At 2/27/15 08:20 PM, Wiesi wrote:
At 2/27/15 07:18 PM, yeahha wrote: So if the creator of this game has roots here on newgrounds, should the game not be on the newgrounds curator list? Maybe it was really long time ago since he was here though, if he even has an account left.
let's have a party anyways!

Im pretty sure your previous reply was different but.. fuck it, lets get wasted! :3

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-28 04:04:34

This sounds really great! Maybe Enki Adventures when it comes out Tom, eh? ;)

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-28 12:36:50

At 2/28/15 04:04 AM, TheEnkian wrote: This sounds really great! Maybe Enki Adventures when it comes out Tom, eh? ;)

With house of cards and all the projects and labs I have to do, you have some time before bringing up ours.

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-28 12:51:27

Fantasy isn't really my thing, but I think variety in styles helps you improve. I'm happy to participate!

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-28 12:55:06

I think Wiesi might have been hacked...

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-28 13:14:17

At 2/28/15 12:55 PM, BoMToons wrote: I think Wiesi might have been hacked...

I was having too many Cuba Libres yesterday... Oh man.. I will never drink again lol

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-28 13:46:40

At 2/28/15 12:36 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 2/28/15 04:04 AM, TheEnkian wrote: This sounds really great! Maybe Enki Adventures when it comes out Tom, eh? ;)
With house of cards and all the projects and labs I have to do, you have some time before bringing up ours.

I'm sure Newgrounds will be around in 5 years, we'll be fine!

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-28 14:13:33

At 2/27/15 05:37 PM, Zhon wrote: Tom, this is a great idea. I used to run fan art contests when I worked for an mmo and it really keeps the artistic community alive. I'd really love to see these continue... Especially since I'm backed up with work for the next couple of weeks and won't have much time for this one.

Also, one suggestion. Give deathink a separate prize. It's kind of sucky when first prize is taken before anyone even enters anything.

I have not won anything yet, are you just going to let me take your prize without a fight? NOW LET ME SEE WHAT YOU'VE GOT!!!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-28 14:23:58

At 2/28/15 02:13 PM, deathink wrote:
I have not won anything yet, are you just going to let me take your prize without a fight? NOW LET ME SEE WHAT YOU'VE GOT!!!

If you enter this content, I'm gonna break your arm in our wrestling match at Pico Day. You've been warned.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-28 14:42:43

I'm not a professional artist, but with a few sticks, gum & a bit of magic, I could crank something out for this lovely art contest! Thanks for the info! Have a tremendously terrific day, the tom way & to everyone else! :-)

Hosting a survival minecraft server. The address is "astral-craft.ddns.net". The client is spigot 1.16.4. B-)

BBS Signature

At 2/28/15 02:23 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 2/28/15 02:13 PM, deathink wrote:
If you enter this content, I'm gonna break your arm in our wrestling match at Pico Day. You've been warned.

Its gong to be WrestleMania VI all over again!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-02-28 16:57:14

@tomfulp when are you coming to Seattle again? We need to organize a meetup or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-03-01 07:43:17

Darkest Dungeon, huh? If you had put this game into a genre, which one would fit best?

Response to Darkest Dungeon Art Contest 2015-03-01 15:37:21

At 3/1/15 07:43 AM, LauriJ wrote: Darkest Dungeon, huh? If you had put this game into a genre, which one would fit best?

If Dark Souls were a turn based RPG with stress management and STIs

BBS Signature