00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LV1113 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Kart Kollab

3,962 Views | 94 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_1192240_2348424.gif

As demonstrated by this expertly illustrated concept, the mission is as follows.

Draw your character in a go kart* from the front, back and side(s). I'll then program them to drive around. It will be an interactive visualiser type thing like The Coglab and/or an animated gif like The Coglab. Either way, I'll do it properly (and do a better job of maintaining their speed regardless of what direction their pointing for example) unlike Mario here. Might actually keep the crappy playmat background though, it's amusing to me. Unless somebody wants to offer an alternative of course.

-Deadline is 20th May 2024 (but can be extended if needed).

-Pics should be transparent pngs of at least 600 x 600px.

-OR if you're drawing them in flash, just send the fla and the above can be disregarded.

-Provide a file dump, google drive, etc. link so pngs don't lose quality and flash files are... actually possible to send.

-Again, we'll need a front, back and side pic.

-A second side pic might be required if it can't just be flipped. For example if there's writing on it, character has an eyepatch, etc.

-Extra frames of animation can be included for wheel movement or whatever you like and I'll implement them.

*It doesn't HAVE to be a go kart but the above will obviously be mandatory if you want to do something like Sonic the Hedgehog running around the track.

-Let me know first if you want to do a track instead. Can do a few and implement a course selector but sixty tracks with one kart wouldn't be much use!

Just checking other collabs for what I might've forgot to mention. I don't think I have to say NO AI ART. Any other questions, let me know below.

Nobody beats the 83457 and all that.

Patreon : Ko-fi : YouTube : Twitter

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-20 14:49:13

Here are my entries:

Front:

iu_1192270_17195613.png

https://imgbox.com/e3aHz0X9

Back:

iu_1192271_17195613.png

https://imgbox.com/r7uxhVoY

Side (Left and right):

https://imgbox.com/xzT76hTj

I can only post 2 pictures so I can't upload the third one. :I

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-22 23:09:03

I like karts and I like interactivity, so I'm definitely up to this idea. Gotta go work in something

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-23 00:41:33 (edited 2024-04-23 00:41:56)

At 4/20/24 01:50 PM, 53xy83457 wrote:
As demonstrated by this expertly illustrated concept, the mission is as follows.

Draw your character in a go kart* from the front, back and side(s). I'll then program them to drive around. It will be an interactive visualiser type thing like The Coglab and/or an animated gif like The Coglab. Either way, I'll do it properly (and do a better job of maintaining their speed regardless of what direction their pointing for example) unlike Mario here. Might actually keep the crappy playmat background though, it's amusing to me. Unless somebody wants to offer an alternative of course.

-OR if you're drawing them in flash, just send the fla and the above can be disregarded.
-Provide a file dump, google drive, etc. link so pngs don't lose quality and flash files are... actually possible to send.
-A second side pic might be required if it can't just be flipped. For example if there's writing on it, character has an eyepatch, etc.
-Extra frames of animation can be included for wheel movement or whatever you like and I'll implement them.
*It doesn't HAVE to be a go kart but the above will obviously be mandatory if you want to do something like Sonic the Hedgehog running around the track.
-Let me know first if you want to do a track instead. Can do a few and implement a course selector but sixty tracks with one kart wouldn't be much use!

Just checking other collabs for what I might've forgot to mention. I don't think I have to say NO AI ART. Any other questions, let me know below.

This sounds awesome omg! It's almost 1:00 a.m. right now but I'll come back to this with files ready as soon as possible

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-23 02:32:31

This sounds like a really kool idea.

(unintentional misspell but yeah)

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-23 08:24:50

iu_1193576_8016576.gif

Scandinavian mythology goddess Freya riding Hildisvin (war pig), as a cart contribution

2 frames/directions (x3 in animation above )

side-sprites flip-able (if being very picky, her knife moves from one side to the other, but to me that is OK)

600x600 png:s in the dump, see PM

See my profile page for link to showroom

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-23 14:52:41

I was just practicing my pixel art, so this is perfect! I'll do it soon :3

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-23 15:57:54

Cool idea! Hope I have time to make something to participate!

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-23 18:30:33

I'd love to join this, I'm getting to work right now lol

How's it going?

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-23 19:53:00

Love the idea of this collab! I'll try to make time to join.

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-23 20:08:15

I'm excited to see this when it's completed!

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-23 20:10:20

I'm going to participate :)

ElRandomGMD (aka RandomToons)

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-23 22:35:24

iu_1193900_8597711.gif

Sent it in! This is the first collab I've contributed to, I'm excited to see what everyone does

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-24 03:46:02

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-24 08:38:20

Looks like a fun idea, I'll do some brainstorming

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-24 08:41:47

iu_1194043_9930715.gif

https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1f0813465966e3cad352ae436ebf1193

Would need one more frame for each side, i wonder what entries we will have

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-24 16:28:47

iu_1194244_20777438.gif

iu_1194243_20777438.png

Done! My program was being awful today so the colors on the gif are incorrect for some reason, and there are random grey parts. I also forgot my OC's antennae and ponytail, and when I fixed it, it wouldn't let me save and now I can't really do anything about it at all ;-;

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-24 20:31:02

i will do it soon

[davidmations]

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-25 00:39:37

This collab looks awesome. Plus I need stuff to get me back into Newgrounds, I know it says that it doesn't have to be in a kart, like it could be sonic running on the ground but does my prototype of an idea seem ok? Its 3 characters riding in a pickup truck, if this goes against rules I'm ok with changing it :)iu_1194386_7885193.webp

PUNKS NOT DEAD!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-25 00:46:59

I’ll consider this collab! I’m not sure if I’ll be able to join, but if you need music, I’m all up for it!

Do you like ghosts? Then Join Me!

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-25 00:55:35

At 4/20/24 02:49 PM, fe3l1ngsk1lledd wrote: Here are my entries:

Front:

Back:

Side (Left and right):

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-25 00:56:05

At 4/25/24 12:55 AM, leopatra66 wrote:
At 4/20/24 02:49 PM, fe3l1ngsk1lledd wrote: Here are my entries:

Front:

Back:

Side (Left and right):

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-25 01:39:58

At 4/25/24 12:39 AM, TheKursedOne wrote: This collab looks awesome. Plus I need stuff to get me back into Newgrounds, I know it says that it doesn't have to be in a kart, like it could be sonic running on the ground but does my prototype of an idea seem ok? Its 3 characters riding in a pickup truck, if this goes against rules I'm ok with changing it :)

YES, perfect! I went with kart kollab as opposed to the more encompassing car collab because most people have OCs and not OCs (original cars) plus seeing a load of little guys racing around is more interesting to me anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-25 12:20:40

Oh I so wanna join this, I love seeing videos where people just put a shit ton of characters in a track and watch them go around. It'll be fun seeing other peoples characters do the same!

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-25 16:40:07 (edited 2024-04-25 16:40:56)

iu_1194577_19712767.png

iu_1194580_19712767.pngtwo done so far

schnoz

schnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnozschnoz

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-26 13:29:50

Here's a preview-

https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/5644885/preview

...for project members only, of course. Wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.

Haven't everybody added yet, need one more kart to help keep track of routes, it's stupid and complicated, don't worry about it. Did all the extra bells and whistles though so might as well get your opinions on what else could be added, changed, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-26 15:43:06 (edited 2024-04-26 15:43:58)

My Entry is done!

Front & Back

iu_1194959_20790368.webpiu_1194960_20790368.png

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-26 15:43:42

Left and Right

iu_1194961_20790368.webpiu_1194962_20790368.png

BBS Signature

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-26 16:07:28

JERRY'S TURN! >D<

iu_1194975_8299801.gif

Response to Kart Kollab 2024-04-27 01:36:38

Wtf, this is so cool, I am in!

Tits dude

BBS Signature