00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Prinzy2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab!

5,527 Views | 91 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 20:01:43

At 2/4/24 01:08 PM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
Happy Tree Friends is going to celebrate its 25th' birthday this year; which is a good excuse to organize my first ever collab here on Newgrounds!
That's right! I'm gonna give hosting my own collabs a shot! :D
This IS my first time, so there may be hiccups. ><
ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]
My plan for this is to make a collage/Wimmelbilder style piece similar to collabs I've participated in such as RepriseAgains' South Park Collab and ForgeFrogs' Gogo's Collab 2023!

It'll feature the HTF gijinkas I made a while back in a picnic/party scene!
If you don't know what a gijinka is, it's the humanization of an animal-like character.
[All the gijinkas without the backgrounds.]

The deadline is set to be April 15th at 11:59 PM EST and the final piece should be posted Late April if all goes to plan, but I might extend this deadline!
Public Spreadsheet for the sake of planning.

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

To join, leave a comment below letting me know which character you'd like to to draw as well as an area you'd like to draw them in!
Keep in mind that there will be 3 *characters per area, so be sure to list backup areas in case they fill up!
* = Lifty + Shifty and Pop + Cub are considered 1 "character" since they are both duos, but they can be drawn by 2 different artists. For example, 1 artist can draw Lifty and the other can draw Shifty. Artists drawing these duos are encouraged to chat with eachother about drawing their entries together, but this is 100% optional.

In case you'd like to know the areas, here's a diagram!
A - Enterance/Tree | B - Movie | C - Lemonade Stand
D - Picnic | E - Table | F - Pool

To submit, message me here on Newgrounds or on Discord [onyxgalaria] with your entry and **a link to a high res version in either your dump or a file hosting website.
** = Only if you're messaging me on Newgrounds.

If you have any questions about the collab, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll get back to you ASAP!
Have fun! :3

:33 is nutty available? If so, can I draw him on area E?

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 20:21:18

At 3/11/24 08:01 PM, PorcuCatChaos wrote:
Happy Tree Friends is going to celebrate its 25th' birthday this year; which is a good excuse to organize my first ever collab here on Newgrounds!
ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]
My plan for this is to make a collage/Wimmelbilder style piece similar to collabs I've participated in such as RepriseAgains' South Park Collab and ForgeFrogs' Gogo's Collab 2023!

If you don't know what a gijinka is, it's the humanization of an animal-like character.

The deadline is set to be April 15th at 11:59 PM EST and the final piece should be posted Late April if all goes to plan, but I might extend this deadline!

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

To join, leave a comment below letting me know which character you'd like to to draw as well as an area you'd like to draw them in!
Keep in mind that there will be 3 *characters per area, so be sure to list backup areas in case they fill up!
* = Lifty + Shifty and Pop + Cub are considered 1 "character" since they are both duos, but they can be drawn by 2 different artists. For example, 1 artist can draw Lifty and the other can draw Shifty. Artists drawing these duos are encouraged to chat with eachother about drawing their entries together, but this is 100% optional.

To submit, message me here on Newgrounds or on Discord [onyxgalaria] with your entry and **a link to a high res version in either your dump or a file hosting website.

If you have any questions about the collab, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll get back to you ASAP!
33 is nutty available? If so, can I draw him on area E?

Nutty is taken, but I can squeeze you in for E! Is there another character you have in mind?

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 20:38:07

At 3/11/24 08:21 PM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
At 3/11/24 08:01 PM, PorcuCatChaos wrote:
ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

33 is nutty available? If so, can I draw him on area E?
Nutty is taken, but I can squeeze you in for E! Is there another character you have in mind?

Who’s available? Any character is fine with me :>

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 20:50:17

At 3/11/24 08:38 PM, PorcuCatChaos wrote: Who’s available? Any character is fine with me :>

Flippy, Nutty, Flaky, Russell, The Mole and Petunia are all taken; the rest are available!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 21:49:05

At 3/11/24 08:50 PM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
At 3/11/24 08:38 PM, PorcuCatChaos wrote: Who’s available? Any character is fine with me :>
Flippy, Nutty, Flaky, Russell, The Mole and Petunia are all taken; the rest are available!

I can draw cuddles

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-11 21:50:43

At 3/11/24 09:49 PM, PorcuCatChaos wrote: I can draw cuddles

Sure thing, I'll note you down!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-13 01:00:32

this is so cute!! can't wait to see the finished product.

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-13 01:04:34

At 3/13/24 01:00 AM, vhsdreamland wrote: this is so cute!! can't wait to see the finished product.

tysm! btw, you're still able to join if you want! :3

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-13 19:11:33

At 3/13/24 01:04 AM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
At 3/13/24 01:00 AM, vhsdreamland wrote: this is so cute!! can't wait to see the finished product.
tysm! btw, you're still able to join if you want! :3

i considered it but i think I'm too busy, i have a really big queue at the moment. not to mention that i typically only draw on 600px canvases haha

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-15 19:24:33

At 2/26/24 09:24 AM, EmilyRose420 wrote:
At 2/17/24 01:29 AM, TigerPlushiefire wrote:
ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

The deadline is set to be March 10th at 11:59 PM EST and the final piece should be posted Mid/Late March if all goes to plan, but I might extend this deadline!

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

Nope. The only htf that i like was carpool tunnel of love htf music video. 25th anniversay? This show has a anniversary?
I can do petunia!!

Shes the blue skunk with the flower on here head and car fresher necklace.

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-17 17:28:08

Hey guys!

Thought I'd share a quick PSA about this project.

If you've been invited to a movie project for this collab by someone named fe3l1ngsk1lleddd [not to be confused with fe3l1ngsk1lledd], that is not legit.

They are an impersonator with unknown intentions and I've already reported them.

If you are part of the collab, I will be sending invitations to an ART project closer to the deadline; around early April.

Thought I'd let you guys know!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-17 17:36:19

At 3/17/24 05:33 PM, fe3l1ngsk1lleddd wrote:
: KYS

Nah, I'd rather live.

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-18 11:58:05

I would like to join!! Lifty and Shifty at "A" please!

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-18 12:13:28

At 3/18/24 11:58 AM, Imprez wrote: I would like to join!! Lifty and Shifty at "A" please!

Okidoki, noting you down!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-23 07:44:38

I will like to draw Sniffles in a picnic

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-23 10:00:53

At 3/23/24 07:44 AM, KyletheDesigner wrote: I will like to draw Sniffles in a picnic

Sure thing!

Will note you down!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 14:40:22

ANYHOW.

[THE PLAN]

[THE RULES]

[HOW TO JOIN/SUBMIT]

Petunia’s done!

iu_1179486_9296753.png

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 15:24:59

At 3/24/24 02:40 PM, EmilyRose420 wrote: Petunia’s done!

Love this take on her! :D

The ponytail you drew on her is a headscarf, but this works, too!

Love the jeans as well!

Mind if you send a transparent PNG through the dump?

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 15:45:01

B and I would like to draw Lumpy.

Is it a problem if I transparent it after drawing?

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

At 3/24/24 03:45 PM, fe3l1ngsk1lledd wrote: B and I would like to draw Lumpy.

Is it a problem if I transparent it after drawing?

I can always make it transparent if your program doesn't let you do it yourself; just make sure the background color is a solid color!

Also noting you down! :D

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 16:22:45

At 3/24/24 03:24 PM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
At 3/24/24 02:40 PM, EmilyRose420 wrote: Petunia’s done!
Love this take on her! :D

The ponytail you drew on her is a headscarf, but this works, too!
Love the jeans as well!
Mind if you send a transparent PNG through the dump?

https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8d1250794df96b6cc86eb1e78ec03ff1

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 21:37:46

is giggles available? if so i'd be fine with any area

AUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUA

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-24 22:10:04

At 3/24/24 09:37 PM, whimsical-wife wrote: is giggles available? if so i'd be fine with any area

She is!

I'll note you down under the Lemonade Stand aka area C! :D

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-25 02:06:25

Heyo!! Im still rather new to this newgrounds thing but i figured I'd join in. is handy still available? i'd like to do him in A.

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-25 11:39:34

At 3/25/24 02:06 AM, 2cupsoforangejuice wrote: Heyo!! Im still rather new to this newgrounds thing but i figured I'd join in. is handy still available? i'd like to do him in A.

Yep, he's still available!

I'll be noting you down on the spreadsheet; if you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-25 14:30:26

At 3/25/24 11:39 AM, OnyxGalaria wrote:
At 3/25/24 02:06 AM, 2cupsoforangejuice wrote: Heyo!! Im still rather new to this newgrounds thing but i figured I'd join in. is handy still available? i'd like to do him in A.
Yep, he's still available!
I'll be noting you down on the spreadsheet; if you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Alright, thank you!!

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-25 17:04:04

Reserving the mime for spot C the lemonade stand :D

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-25 17:10:27

At 3/25/24 05:04 PM, Holdmeplease wrote: Reserving the mime for spot C the lemonade stand :D

Awesome!

Noted you down! :3

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-26 10:31:27

LumpyBoi !FINISHED!

iu_1180395_17195613.webp

https://imgbox.com/1QuzQw8S

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Tree Friends Gijinka Collab! 2024-03-26 11:58:55

At 3/26/24 10:31 AM, fe3l1ngsk1lledd wrote: LumpyBoi !FINISHED!

https://imgbox.com/1QuzQw8S

Love your take on him!

The shoes are fire, too! :3