00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lukerevenant just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MAGFest Wrap-Up

27,741 Views | 79 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 14:30:45

It's always cool to see Newgrounders getting together for stuff. Hopefully I will one da be able to attend.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 14:55:20

Definitely planning to hit up the next one of these

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 17:19:27

At 1/27/15 08:56 AM, VicariousE wrote:

Con but not small enough to feel ghetto like Big Apple Con that one year.

hahah Big apple con was epic :3

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 17:33:43

At 1/27/15 05:02 PM, Cordyceps wrote: Newgrounds got a mention in the JonTron panel.

I can't find the user "Buzzword" though, anybody know about him? I know JonTron's opening theme came from right here in the Audio portal;
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/562574
And @BirdmanXZ6 is actually Jon's account here. He promoted his show way back when on the BBS, but doesn't seem to have been active since 2010.

Woah! I heard JonTron had history with NG but wasn't sure what it was. What all was said about NG?

They might have been talking about @Buzzwerd?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 17:52:27

I hosted a Newgrounds panel with Stamper, RicePirate and Spazkid, no clue if anyone filmed it but it should make for entertaining viewing if someone did.

I got a little bit of it on a Vine which I'm putting in a blog recap - the whole thing was really fun though! Great to meet you guys. Next year gonna be too hype!

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 19:34:22 (edited 2015-01-27 19:37:06)

Had the time of my life at Magfest, and finally meeting you was a tremendous highlight, Mr. Fulp. Sorry if I was slurring my speech, but I was crazy overwhelmed to meet someone so absolutely stellar. And to meet and hang out with sooo many animators, many younger than me but so impassioned about traditional 2d frame-by-frame animation. It gives me pride and joy for the future. Thanks again for everything, and hope to see everyone again next year.

And pic keeps goin sideways -.-;

MAGFest Wrap-Up

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 20:37:19

Just got home, that was a lot of fun. It was really great getting to meet up and hang with everyone, hope to see you all there next year!

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-27 22:23:09

I had a great time at MAGFest but it definitely broke the piggy bank. The brief meet-up after the Newgrounds panel where I met so many fuckin' amazing animators it blew my mind was a close second as my favourite highlight.
My friend and I survived on "bucket ramen", a delicacy that flourishes in an environment lacking bowls and utensils (why pack those in a suitcase, heh). We had five packets of ramen to last us the three days we spent, and microwaved our collaborative meals using our hotel's ice bucket as a saucepan and plastic cups as both our stirring sticks and spoons. Our stomachs growled the entire convention and it somehow heightened the impact of the experience. Was rad. Thanks for the memories, fellas!

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 02:59:46

At 1/27/15 08:16 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 1/27/15 06:20 AM, Itarian wrote:
At 1/26/15 02:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: @oney
@Spazkid
@Egoraptor
@Rubberninja
@Esquirebob
@TheShadling
son of a BITCH
What?

I wanted to see them! Do you know how hard it is to see MAGFest when you live in Japan? Do you?! It's fucking hard!

did you fall from the sky love

kik me baby

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 03:31:54

i was there, but i missed your panel.... if you saw Hank wandering around it was me

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 07:19:10

Thanks for a great q&a, guys! Sorry I went back to bed afterwards rather than sticking around to chat, I'm an asshole. A sleepy one. I did see people with cameras behind me but I've no idea who they were.

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 12:03:27

It was a great weekend and I loved meeting everyone that I did. Sadly I didn't get to meet you Tom but I'm sure we'll get a chance at some point. The NG panel was great! I'm so happy that the turnout was high.

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 12:12:38

At 1/28/15 12:03 PM, GentlemanTrooper wrote: It was a great weekend and I loved meeting everyone that I did. Sadly I didn't get to meet you Tom but I'm sure we'll get a chance at some point. The NG panel was great! I'm so happy that the turnout was high.

Are you near Atlanta by any chance? ForNoReason is working on an Atlanta meetup. I don't currently plan to squeeze in another trip this year but it's always tempting.

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 14:06:56

So sad I missed the event, and most importantly all the guys listed in this thread. I had every intention of going and then I let myself be convinced that barely anyone was going anymore and cancelled my arrangements at the beginning of the month. My plan was to actually spend the entire week after visiting with family and friends in Philly, so now I'm praying that there will be another Pico Day this year. Otherwise, I might just do an impromptu Philly trip sometime this year.

Rrar! I feel like a part of my soul is missing right now! Really hope you all had a fantastic time!

Josh Tomar - Voice Actor

Demo: http://www.joshtomar.com

Work Samples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMXFahHSY3M

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 14:15:04

I've heard nothing but good about MAGFest, and I really regret not going. I actually ended up doing the Global Game Jam instead, but next year will be different!!

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 14:15:40

At 1/28/15 02:06 PM, TomaMoto wrote: So sad I missed the event, and most importantly all the guys listed in this thread. I had every intention of going and then I let myself be convinced that barely anyone was going anymore and cancelled my arrangements at the beginning of the month. My plan was to actually spend the entire week after visiting with family and friends in Philly, so now I'm praying that there will be another Pico Day this year. Otherwise, I might just do an impromptu Philly trip sometime this year.

Rrar! I feel like a part of my soul is missing right now! Really hope you all had a fantastic time!

I think @RicePirate will be in town some time around April... I keep alternating between trying to get a Pico Day headcount and sticking to my guns about last year being the final one. I have that same paranoia that no one will show up and then I end up being surprised every year.

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 14:16:16

At 1/28/15 02:15 PM, k7vin wrote: I've heard nothing but good about MAGFest, and I really regret not going. I actually ended up doing the Global Game Jam instead, but next year will be different!!

Did you make a game that works on the web, or download only?

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 14:24:24

At 1/28/15 02:16 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/28/15 02:15 PM, k7vin wrote: I've heard nothing but good about MAGFest, and I really regret not going. I actually ended up doing the Global Game Jam instead, but next year will be different!!
Did you make a game that works on the web, or download only?

Ha ha! We barely made a game that WORKS. I got all the art assets done for it, and the programming team is looking to keep going, so we'll see! I'll convince everyone to post a playable version here if we finish though.

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 14:25:58

At 1/28/15 02:15 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I think @RicePirate will be in town some time around April... I keep alternating between trying to get a Pico Day headcount and sticking to my guns about last year being the final one. I have that same paranoia that no one will show up and then I end up being surprised every year.

Mick's a good enough reason for me to show up. Him and everyone else that already lives there, of course. I just like to double my pleasure.

Josh Tomar - Voice Actor

Demo: http://www.joshtomar.com

Work Samples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMXFahHSY3M

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 15:08:41

At 1/28/15 12:12 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/28/15 12:03 PM, GentlemanTrooper wrote: It was a great weekend and I loved meeting everyone that I did. Sadly I didn't get to meet you Tom but I'm sure we'll get a chance at some point. The NG panel was great! I'm so happy that the turnout was high.
Are you near Atlanta by any chance? ForNoReason is working on an Atlanta meetup. I don't currently plan to squeeze in another trip this year but it's always tempting.

I'm actually very close to Atlanta. It would be really cool to go to a meet up that I wouldn't have to fly to haha.

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 15:12:57

At 1/26/15 02:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: @omiyagames (never managed to meet you!)

I was stuck Global Game Jam at the lower floor for the entirety of MAGFest. I have a photo of myself below, though.

MAGFest Wrap-Up

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 15:28:27

At 1/28/15 03:12 PM, OmiyaGames wrote:
At 1/26/15 02:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: @omiyagames (never managed to meet you!)
I was stuck Global Game Jam at the lower floor for the entirety of MAGFest. I have a photo of myself below, though.

Man I never even checked out the Game Jam space the whole time I was there!

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 15:40:58

I think @RicePirate will be in town some time around April... I keep alternating between trying to get a Pico Day headcount and sticking to my guns about last year being the final one.

What if we didn't have a Pico Day party but had a Darnell Day party at the end of April? Would that be okay?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 15:47:38

At 1/28/15 03:40 PM, ZJ wrote:
I think @RicePirate will be in town some time around April... I keep alternating between trying to get a Pico Day headcount and sticking to my guns about last year being the final one.
What if we didn't have a Pico Day party but had a Darnell Day party at the end of April? Would that be okay?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 18:30:43

At 1/28/15 03:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, if you ever were gonna have a newgrounds day instead of pico day i figure it would be in the year ng turns 20. Thats pretty insane and worth celebrating. Also insane are the user loyalty through all that time. I think itd probably prompt people to come together for such a milestone. Its probably a bit of an expense and chore to host these things but literally no other website on the internet can touch pico day's vibe. Especially youtubes dumbass fucking events with personalities with colored hair and shit. Grr

None

BBS Signature

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 18:47:32

At 1/27/15 11:10 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 1/27/15 09:21 AM, Gerkinman wrote: For some reason I thought Egoraptor and Rubberninja were Youtubers, not NGers. Could be a mistake on my end tho :P
Nope, both started on NG just like loads of other people.

Oh, I know they started here, I was good friends with both of them in the mid 2000s. They just refuse to post content here, or refer their followers to the site, that to me dissociates them from the site.

DOUBLE POST! BAM! I thought that was fixed.

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-28 22:45:36

At 1/28/15 06:30 PM, Luis wrote:
At 1/28/15 03:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Well, if you ever were gonna have a newgrounds day instead of pico day i figure it would be in the year ng turns 20. Thats pretty insane and worth celebrating. Also insane are the user loyalty through all that time. I think itd probably prompt people to come together for such a milestone. Its probably a bit of an expense and chore to host these things but literally no other website on the internet can touch pico day's vibe. Especially youtubes dumbass fucking events with personalities with colored hair and shit. Grr

That was one thing I was surprised and impressed with at the Newgrounds panel. Everyone there was a normal human being and could carry a conversation about something other than video games or internet videos. I've high hopes for the community here and I have not been disappointed - everyone I met seemed pretty dandy!

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-29 00:55:03 (edited 2015-01-29 01:09:46)

Sleepy Cabin panel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CndetLxV_SQ

It's only one shot and you cant really see Jeff, and the first part was cut off :(

But hey its the only one on Youtube

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-29 08:27:28

At 1/29/15 12:55 AM, BooneBum wrote: Sleepy Cabin panel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CndetLxV_SQ

It's only one shot and you cant really see Jeff, and the first part was cut off :(

But hey its the only one on Youtube

Thank you for sharing this! What a great panel! :)

Response to MAGFest Wrap-Up 2015-01-29 09:05:47

At 1/28/15 06:47 PM, Gerkinman wrote: Oh, I know they started here, I was good friends with both of them in the mid 2000s. They just refuse to post content here, or refer their followers to the site, that to me dissociates them from the site.

They're locked into exclusivity with their current stuff. :(

BBS Signature