00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rage11603 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF

25,229 Views | 71 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 17:12:39

To celebrate the holidays this year, we'd like to give out a few Wacom tablets to artists and microphones to voice actors. Only a few people will be able to get something so keep those expectations managed!

If you have content on NG that showcases your talent and you're in need of a drawing tablet or microphone, please PM me with the following details:

1) Why you need / what you hope to achieve with a new tablet or microphone.

2) Links to your best stuff on NG. You can paste the URLs on their own lines vs using link code.

3) Your name and address.

Also while I have your attention, some news that was already posted in General:

The Block List has been lifted from the PM system and turned into a sitewide feature. You can now access it via the Blocked Users link on your account options.

When you block a user, it defaults to blocking them in the following places:

Forums (their messages and threads collapse by default, you can click to expand)
Friend Requests
News (this is awaiting implementation to block them from blog lists)
Private Messages
Project Invites

From the Blocked Users page you can click the Pencil icon to manage your settings for individual users. For example, you can block someone from PMs but not block them on the forums.

If anyone has been on your nerves, give the updated block system a try!

Today is Friday, here are some people to Follow!

spectre757 has been sharing his work on NG for 11 years now and I'm totally in love with this latest Construx video. I think we missed his George Carlin Robot video back in 2012.

ThomasLaw is a CalArts grad who signed up just this month but he's actually been a huge NG fan since he was in 7th grade. NG is what got him interested in animating in Flash!

Jomm has a history of stick animation but his fully formed humans are really fun to watch.

ArtistGamerGal had been away for a while but now she's back!

Oooh and look, lukegreencubeco just uploaded his Halloween entry! Let's all watch.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 17:18:10

At 10/17/14 05:12 PM, TomFulp wrote: 1) Why you need / what you hope to achieve with a new tablet or microphone.

I nominate @Luis

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 17:39:10

I nominate... myself.

BBS Signature

Can you give us specifics on the prizes, or pictures at least? Also, can people nominate other people they know who don't have NG accounts or are unable to use NG so they can get the them if they win?

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 17:50:03

At 10/17/14 05:39 PM, Knights wrote: Can you give us specifics on the prizes, or pictures at least? Also, can people nominate other people they know who don't have NG accounts or are unable to use NG so they can get the them if they win?

Been on the fence between Wacom Bamboo and Wacom Intuos. Also not final on the microphone. As for nominations, I want to keep it in the NG community so any nominee should be someone who is active on NG, since there are already a lot of active NG users who could use a tablet.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 18:20:18

i need cash instead to fund my artistic endeavor since as an artist i refuse to get a real full time job and are currently living off of 30$ art commissions

also

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 18:27:23

I nominate Tom

i need a mic. i already have a tablet but my built in mic is crud for voice acting thats why i always create a video with no sound at all or an already made sound clip like my first flash to pass judgement (IF I HAD ONE) i was going to use speakonia for the flash that im making now (starbound parody) but real voice acting would make it 10 times better :D

Solwings formerly dalexj1337 - Being a sped online since 2014

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 19:12:20

If you don't give me a microphone, I'll block you.

But seriously, being a musician/artist sucks for earning money. Could definitely do with a microphone to get recording vocals for my projects so I can branch out onto a whole new level!

But seriously, I'll block you.

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 19:12:56

I can't really nominate anyone hahahah, but I think this is an awesome opportunity for beginning artists or anyone who wants to try their part in the voice acting world! Very cool Tom!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 19:13:11

I nominate @koit
He's got some great songs, accompanied by some really fun, straight-to-the-point animated music videos.
His audio quality could use some backup, however. A good mic, decent draw pad & some time learning mastering would do this fella some justice.
Loves,
axn

Free albums every month! Use our stuff in your stuff! Contact us if you need music, voice over, or artwork for your submissions! Our Profile and here's Our Song Library

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 19:47:55

Can someone outside the U.S. join? <3

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 19:49:34

At 10/17/14 05:12 PM, TomFulp wrote: ThomasLaw is a CalArts grad who signed up just this month but he's actually been a huge NG fan since he was in 7th grade. NG is what got him interested in animating in Flash!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/647196

I totally called this just yesterday despite the description only saying that it was his final at CalArts. I knew he must have been a long time NGer.

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 19:59:35

1.) I would like a new mic so that I can use for my music, as the current mic I have is... well, I have none, and the mic that the MicroKorg comes with is very... well... unhelpful.

2. This is something recent I just did not to while back, that show cases my current potential with said mic that I have. Notice you can make out some words, and others you can't. I feel if I had a better mic, this would improve vocal quality by 100%: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/590190

3.) AJ Jordan
13 Townline Drive
Cornish NH

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 20:25:10

The bamboo is a really great tablet starting out and to this day i am still using mine, 6 years (and hopefully counting) is pretty flippin good if you ask me!

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 20:30:33

Holy shit I am on this like Stamper to tiddy humor.

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 20:35:42

A new mic? Damn, this would have been good to enter two years ago before I bought my Nessie and I was still using a headset.

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 21:35:51

Fun stuff!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 21:41:53

Awesome news, didn't see that giving-away coming! I nominate Raziberry for a better mic. Maybe Brewstew as well. Not sure.

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 21:57:23

At 10/17/14 07:12 PM, PirateCrab wrote: But seriously, I'll block you.

...should someone tell this guy the truth...?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 22:03:23

At 10/17/14 06:20 PM, anothercoolguy wrote: i need cash instead to fund my artistic endeavor since as an artist i refuse to get a real full time job and are currently living off of 30$ art commissions

also

get a real job you hippie. art is bullshit.

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 22:11:16

At 10/17/14 10:03 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote:
At 10/17/14 06:20 PM, anothercoolguy wrote: i need cash instead to fund my artistic endeavor since as an artist i refuse to get a real full time job and are currently living off of 30$ art commissions

also
get a real job you hippie. art is bullshit.

damn dude, the man is always a downer.

BBS Signature

Awesome! i hope i get one :D

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-17 22:15:24

Man... see, I'd like to showcase my abilities (as voice actor/singer), but my microphone is such shit that it wouldn't be able to properly record what I can do...

If I used my current mic, and did my best to do EQ/mixing/mastering/etc. to try to make it sound as good as possible, would you be willing to take that into consideration? I've been needing a new/better mic for a while now, but at the moment it's completely out of my budget.

If you're shopping for condenser mics, it would helpful to keep in mind the connection type! USB will be fine for most people, since they're plug and play. XLRs have a much bigger selection, but will require the winner to either have or purchase an additional interface to connect to a computer, like the Blue Icicle, or a Focusrite Scarlett, etc. These can be a bit pricey, but a good investment for upgrading mics down the line.

I'll wager that most people will be using their personal computer for producing things, and might not have the scratch for an interface. so USB might be the way to go. Blue has some awesome USB condensers, including the Yeti and Spark Digital!

Also! There are always great microphone deals during the holidays!

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-18 01:31:21

Haha. I bought mine just yesterday. Why Tom, you may have saved me 80 bucks.

till we overdose

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-18 01:57:43

Oh i would love to have a new tablet, my actual tablet and is dying on me,
But i can't blame her, it's "planned obsolescence" fault
My tablet and me <3

aww this post made me look back in time
my first digital drawing
something more recent
I'm actually doing my final year work for design so i'll be uploading some stuff at the end of the year

I still working on the concepts but i wanted to start with some 3d stuff

I would like to have it but i'm from argentina so may be difficult =P

Also, really loved ThisActuallyHappensLot, i don't go to a lot of parties but when i go it's just like that. -.-

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-18 03:30:35

At 10/17/14 05:12 PM, TomFulp wrote: 1) Why you need / what you hope to achieve with a new tablet or microphone.

2) Links to your best stuff on NG. You can paste the URLs on their own lines vs using link code.

3) Your name and address.

I sent you a PM, please reply to acknowledge that you've seen it.

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-18 04:24:44

At 10/18/14 03:34 AM, MistyEntertainment wrote:
At 10/17/14 05:12 PM, TomFulp wrote: The Block List has been lifted from the PM system and turned into a sitewide feature.
Thank you so much.

You people really block that much?

Response to Wacom & Microphone Giveaway + FF 2014-10-18 05:21:55

Is this international?

msg me if i can be part of it Potatofarm71@gmail.com