00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of March 2014

22,281 Views | 52 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-08 21:39:39

Power of Three. . .

*Checks calendar*

Classes end in 2 weeks.

Exciting! Count me in!

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-09 05:15:23

Congrats to the winners!

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-09 11:36:53

At 4/8/14 05:05 PM, fizzd wrote: But Newgrounds was different. It passed the vetting stage, was front paged, and absolutely shot up in popularity. It was crazy, and this is how many people discovered our game, making LPs and tweeting and starting this whole wave which culminated in us getting notified that we won the Student IGFs! And we would be flying to the US where we had never set foot in before, and we had a great time and we talked to press and got to know real indie people there, and are now working with someone we met at GDC to port our game to mobile (although we haven't found a web sponsor yet heh, would NG consider? :P). And to think it was all started at Newgrounds. This is why I love your system and you guys. :) And this is also why I think anything that detracts from active content-creators being exposed would be a Bad Thing.

That story is awesome! Stories like that make NG all worth it. :)

I hooked you up with access to make a weekly front page news post, so you can notify everyone about Rhythm Doctor updates. Those news posts will also appear in the feeds of your fans.

As far as web sponsorship, we haven't had much sponsorship budget in recent years but you could check in when you have those other updates in the coming months.

I'm still amped to try Throwback Thursdays because we have 15 years of content from the Portal, so there's a lot of great stuff that has become buried.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-09 18:55:31

At 4/8/14 10:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: I'd also like to bring the whole Throwback Thursday thing to Newgrounds, it will likely just start off as a weekly news post that highlights some classics from that day in NG history. I think I'd like the entire front page to become a showcase of classics every Thursday, but that will require getting a programmer involved so we could see how the news post goes first.

Sounds like you need to use the Collabinator! There are several very competent, honest, programmers who are regulars here on Newgrounds. The trouble is vetting people who live so far away, and to work on a collaborative server... Also sounds like you would need a semi-official historian to do a proper weekly page. I'm being quite presumptuous, but maybe it's time to delegate some stuff out :p I wouldn't want to see you increase your workload, family guy.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-09 21:53:18

At 4/9/14 11:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: I hooked you up with access to make a weekly front page news post, so you can notify everyone about Rhythm Doctor updates. Those news posts will also appear in the feeds of your fans.

As far as web sponsorship, we haven't had much sponsorship budget in recent years but you could check in when you have those other updates in the coming months.

Woohoo I have access now, great stuff Tom. Thanks! Heh we will check with you guys if you'd be interested in sponsorship once the game is done, we are gonna be working hard on this one.

At 4/9/14 11:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: I'm still amped to try Throwback Thursdays because we have 15 years of content from the Portal, so there's a lot of great stuff that has become buried.

Fair enough, ah I guess it will be completely different stuff each week anyways and not necessarily things like Copter that everyone remembers playing years ago. I'm sure I've missed some good stuff over the years that I'd be happy to discover. Best of luck with it!

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-11 02:37:42

Hey! Its nice to know I was close at least! :)

Nate.

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-11 05:01:51

Err...Tom, why the furry icon?

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-11 09:07:47

Tom is just being a troll.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-11 09:42:13

At 4/11/14 09:27 AM, Satan wrote: I automatically 0 bomb GGA stuff. I see it as spam.

Ridiculous.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-11 10:33:31

Aw! D: I didnt get to see Tom's furry icon! now it's just a generic "no icon" icon. :C

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-11 11:14:07

At 4/7/14 05:13 PM, Clatform wrote: Battleship Cathy was awesome. Also, hooray for more collaboration!!

Indeed it whas buth when i NOW commented tom had the default profile page!

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-11 15:18:42

inb4 hacked

None

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-11 15:23:22

At 4/11/14 03:18 PM, Luis wrote: inb4 hacked

Oh you! You're talking about this http://news.yahoo.com/u-government-warns-potential-attacks-heartbleed-bug-135137709--sector.html;_ylt=AwrTWf1xHUhTngsATn_QtDMD Totally forgot to mention it this morning in the other thread...

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-12 02:09:49

Tomfulp oh hey man one i have been hacked what can i do?

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-12 08:30:30

Nice work everybody and congrats!

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-12 09:39:40

At 4/11/14 05:04 AM, Decimating wrote: I backed up is original user icon just in case he doesn't have his backed up.

As you guys in the General Forum already saw, there was an exploit with our user icon uploader that allowed people to trick it into passing an upload to a different profile other than their own. Not related to Heart Bleed or anything, which we were already patched for.

My problem now is I'm in Boston on an ultra shitty laptop that crashes Chrome when I try to upload a new user pic, and it seems to hang on trying to update Chrome too. I couldn't find my current laptop charger when I was packing for the trip, so I brought a REALLY OLD laptop that visitors had used off and on at the office, so god knows what has happened to this thing over the years but it barely runs. I might not be able to get much done until I'm back from PAX on Monday.

If you're at PAX, be sure to come by and say hi! When you see me just standing around at the booth, I'm actually hoping NG fans will walk up and talk to me so don't be shy.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-12 10:50:25

I liked furry Tom more. 1 more thing to make fun of him.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-12 12:25:42

At 4/8/14 10:31 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/8/14 01:32 AM, Elitistinen wrote: You know, anything with Pokemon is ranked pretty high.

This is just NG...
This is just the internet...

Fecking burn!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-12 12:40:34

At 4/8/14 01:44 AM, JRob wrote:
At 4/8/14 01:32 AM, Elitistinen wrote: You know, anything with Pokemon is ranked pretty high.

This is just NG...
It's not the fact that it's Pokémon that's bugging me - it's the fact that it's one of the endless amounts of shitty parody videos that plague this site.

And we have another fucking Game Grumps fan animation on the front page.

Oh wow when I saw people quote you I almost thought they quoted a message of mine... then I remembered I never posted any message on this thread (I did actively root for Fake when I saw it got Weekly 2nd, and lost to Twitch Draws Pokemon).
We think alike, I was also rooting for FAKE (Top 5 maybe...? well, maybe not but at least higher, even though it has no battles :P), and I'm also overly sick of the same parodies of the same franchises over and over =\ Also I want more serious (= not comedy) stuff on NG, that would do for a change.
Anyway, congrats to everyone who got on the page :D
Despite my sickness of parodies, I think Newgrounds really is the most awesome site there is :3 And the fact that Tom still talks with everyone and is himself an active member of his own community just adds to the awesomeness!
I hope I could've got some merch before the store closed though :x (Dat toilet paper tho XD)

EDIT : btw sorry if it looks like I'm bashing that first... I'm not, I liked it. But I feel non-comedy and/or non-parody animations are at a disadvantage on NG...

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-13 09:38:06

Hello Tim Falp,

I see you have a new icon. I like it. Please make me a mod.

Kind regards,

Slint

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-13 14:43:18

I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY!

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-13 17:05:33

Not gonna lie, if these were the best, March wasn't a good month for movies OR games. The winners aren't bad, just not what I would normally consider best of the month material. Although I do think Ditto is better than any of those games that beat it.

Response to Best of March 2014 2014-04-17 12:16:17

Hi im new